Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16- to 24- year- olds (AGE 16 to 24)
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16- to 24- year-olds (AGE 16 to 24) supports businesses that would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the apprenticeship programme. The National Apprenticeship Service is responsible for the management of the Grant; working with the Skills Funding Agency who administers the funds.
The Grant has already helped thousands of employers to grow their business by employing an apprentice. Could it help you too?
The Grant will be on offer to employers with less than 50 employees and you will be able to receive up to 5 grants in total, subject to eligibility and availability.
To be eligible you must:
- confirm that you are not able to recruit an apprentice without the Grant
- have fewer than 1,000 employees in the United Kingdom, as recorded by the Employer Data Service (EDS) or from January 2015, have fewer than 50 employees.
- not have had an employee start an Apprenticeship in the 12-month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the Grant
- Please note you do not have to wait 12 months between the first and any subsequent applications. Only one Grant will be paid per employer for any particular individual
- commit to employ your apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the Apprenticeship programme or the time it takes them to complete their Apprenticeship, whichever is the greater
- confirm you are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the Grant and
- agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
Xtp will administer the AGE Grant application for you, For further details please download the Employer Fact Sheet here